Angel Tree 2022
We are thrilled to announce that the Angel Tree Holiday gift program is back and is almost as it was in years past.
This year St. Paul's is once again working in collaboration with the Alexandria Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) as well as the Lazarus Ministry at St. Paul’s to help serve families in need in the city of Alexandria. During COVID, DCHS made the decision to only collect gift cards for its Holiday Sharing Program; this year the program is allowing families to choose whether they would like to receive gift cards or gifts.
So while the program is back, much the way it has been in past years, our process will look a little different than in previous years. Here is an overview:
- St. Paul's will be providing both gifts and gift cards to families. Seniors and teenagers will receive gift cards.
- Starting today you can click here to make a donation to Angel Tree. These funds will be used to purchase gift cards to retail, grocery and pharmacy stores of recipients choosing.
- Gift cards will make up 75% of St. Paul's donations to the Holiday Sharing Program. We are seeking to raise $18,000 to purchase gift cards.
- On Sunday, November 13th a tree will go up in Norton Hall with the wish lists for families who have asked to receive gifts. Each ornament represents a member of the family. The tree will be up during church services that Sunday, from 8 am-12 pm, and again from 4:45 pm- 6 pm.
- Donors will select an ornament and purchase gifts based on the wish list on that ornament.
- Wrapped gifts will be returned to St. Paul's starting Wednesday, December 7th through Sunday, December 11th. More details about specific drop off times will be provided.
Share this page: Angel Tree 2022